Monday, June 1st, 2009
Thanks for visiting my web!
How are you all? I’m well and I’m back here! Yes, it’s already the beginning of summer here in
Belgium! How is it in your city?
I had a great time in Tokyo with lots of cherry blossom in April… and it was great to see everybody in Japan. It’s too many to name… but, thanks a lot to everyone who I met there! Hope to see you all soon!
In May, I visited Hanamaki and Tohno in Iwate prefecture, North Japan. It was so nice to see the beautiful countryside of this prefecture… and it was a real pleasure to visit many places and museums in Hanamaki where I could see works of Kenji Miyazawa(my very favourite Japanese author!).
I was also so impressed by the people in Iwate prefecture, they are so kind and relaxed… I loved the peaceful atmosphere of the places… Hope to go back there someday! Well, I am actually going to go back to Japan soon again…
Alright, here is the first NEWS !
* My solo show is planned to be held in Kobe, Japan from this summer until early autumn! The information for the show is below;
* * “The World of REIKO IMOTO” exhibition
Dates: July. 1st (Wed) – Sept. 25th (Fri)
Place: Kobe Watakushi Bijutsukan (Kobe Private Art Museum)
Address: 2-7-5, Nishi Maruyama-cho, Nagata-ku, Kobe, 653-0874 Japan
The nearest station: Maruyama station (Kobe Dentetsu – Arima Line)
Phone/Fax: 078 621 0366
Map (in Japanese): http://www.wa-nokai.com/hyogo.html
Museum Hours: 10 am – 5 pm with an appointment to visit.
Website of Watakushi Bijutsukan (Private Museums) in Japan (in Japanese): http://www.wa-nokai.com/activity1.html
* Kobe Watakushi Bijutsukan is a private art museum, which is a traditional Japanese house of the art collector -Mr. Tohru Miura, and his wife, Mrs. Hideko Miura.
* The museum organizes 4 exhibits every year, and “The World of REIKO IMOTO” exhibition has been selected to be organized for this special year; “the 10th anniversary” of the museum.
* Please call the museum to make an appointment at least a day before your visit. Thank you!
In this show, I’m going to show selected photographs from my series of works, including “Dreamscapes” and “Dreams of the Amnesiac” in frames, and also tiny print portfolios from other series, including “Time Traveler’s Diary” and “Another’s Hand” and a new photo collageseries about flying!
Please visit the show if you are in and around Kobe between July and September. Thanks! I’m excited to have my first show in my home town, Kobe soon! Hope to see some of YOU there!
The next NEWS is…
* * Another solo show will be held in Czech Republic from early October until early November. The details of the show will be posted later!
Ok, that’s all for the moment…
I hope that you all are well and doing well!
Have a great summer soon!
(or, have a great winter soon if you live in the southern hemisphere 😉
Take care and see YOU then!